This has not been the easiest year for many of us and it can no doubt get under your skin. If you find yourself wanting to get away to your favorite cabin in the middle of nowhere, but unsure how exactly, we can help you unplug, unwind and bring the right necessities for social distancing in a cabin without wi-fi.Gear:
- Coolers for food storage and ice
- Air and watertight containers for non-perishable foods
- Soups, trail mixes, nuts, granola bars
- Utility knife and or multitool
- Camping utensils, plates, cookware, can opener
- Weather and temperature appropriate clothing
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and extra blankets.
- Camp chairs
- Hand crank radio and flashlight
- Back up batteries for flashlights or batteries if needed
- Map of the area
- First aid kit & duct tape for any emergencies
- Bottled water
- Insect repellent
- Earplugs if needed
- Hunting/Hiking/Mountaineer gear if needed
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Ax to chop firewood
- Dutch oven
Remember that even if you're going to be gone for a day or two, whether hunting or relaxing if you go on your own make sure to tell someone where you are going, how long you will stay, and what time you intend to return.
If you're bringing the entire family instead of getting away on your own for a weekend, there are a few things you should consider bringing to keep everyone enjoying themselves while social distancing.
- Notebook and pencil
- Field guides
- Star charts and night sky identifiers
- Books and reading material
- Games and toys
- Any dog gear if needed
- Portable DVD players, laptops with pre-loaded movies
- Football/soccer ball/baseball
- Fishing gear and bucket
Social distancing while in a cabin without wi-fi with these necessities should help you get away, relax, and focus on the important things without worry for as long as you need.