Military designed and tested, the Altama OTB Maritime Assault Shoe MID is the tactical shoe to have for amphibious movements. This bad boy was made with the everyone's love for Chuck Taylors kept in mind, and comes packed with so much more.
It includes two drain ports that expel water as you walk and the shoe flexes, a one-piece ABS shank with no room to bend which gives you proper foot placement going up and down the boat ladders, and an Ultron PU contoured insole that doesn't absorb water. 1000D Cordura fabric is on the side panels to reduce wear and mitigates water retention.
The idea behind the shoe is for users to have the ability to go from water to land with the same footwear. It is slightly more narrow than the classic Chuck to allow better comfort and fit while wearing a diving fin. Whole sizes only, if you wear a half size we recommend going up to the next whole size. Designed to be worn without socks. Once you make it to land, kick those fins off and continue up that beach. If this doesn't smell like high speed, we don't know what does. Grab em, swim with em, take em Over The Beach.
• Maritime Assault Boot for all tactical water operations
• Fin friendly fit; fits just about any dive fins used by Militaries worldwide
• High abrasion quick drying 1000D Cordura quarter panels offered in both solid colors and MultiCam®
• Air mesh linings help wick away sweat and other moisture quickly from your feet
• Non-shine rust-proof lace hardware will not break on the battle field
• Low profile flat laces will not cause pain from fin wear on long swims
• Full length one piece ABS shank provides stability and support when climbing a caving ladder
• Ultron® PU contoured insole will not absorb water
• Front non-metallic drain ports allow for water to drain easily when flexing the boot
• SEAL Rubber sticky outsoles. The rubber compound was originally developed for rock climbing shoes and modified for wet tactical operations. SEAL Rubber is one of the stickiest, high traction rubbers on the market today. Designed for Specials Operations.
Worn by the Elite.
These boots are awesome, I love my chucks but the fact that you don’t feel every Little Rock or pebble under your foot is great. They are comfortable for work, the gym, and chill time.
Can’t wait to get my second pair.
Good lightweight boots. The rubber type insoles are “sticky” and pull you socks when putting them on. It’s best to replace them with conventional insoles. They are very comfortable.
Great sneaker-boots. That's how I refer to them since there is a level of overlap. They're light, well constructed, and the tread grips better than I had anticipated. I haven't experienced their ability to drain water, yeah but they've been great, as I've been wearing them not only at work, but also when lifting, and on the weekend. The only thing I haven't tried using for yet is running.