EP3s include attached stopper plugs, which can be inserted for further protection, and they also block out lower-level noise like that heard on a plane. They can be used in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, with an adjustable-stem design, providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and extended product life (3 to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case. Available in clear or black.
All sizes of EP3s have identical flanged ear canal stems—that is, the portion that fits in the ear canal.
The sizes—small, medium, and large—refer only to the outer earpieces that fit in the ear's concha bowl and help hold the EP3 in place. Proper EP3 size is based on the dimensions of your ear's concha bowl. Medium fits most people.
For those with larger ear canals, the EP4's three-flange stem may provide a better fit than the EP3's two-flange stem.
- 24dB* Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with stoppers inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with stoppers out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Ergonomic design and double-flange stem design conforms to ear shape for comfort and secure retention
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, durable, and long-lasting
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Available in clear or black
- *NRR rating with stoppers inserted