- 600 Fill Power Down Insulation
- Innovative Bonded Baffle Technology
- Lightweight & Packable (11oz in pouch)
- Stuff Sack Included For Easy Storage
Attached Hood with Peripheral Drawcord Adjustment
- Elasticized Binding at Cuff, Bottom Hem, and Hood Openings
Zippered Hand Pockets
Zippered Chest pocket with Interior Sound Port
- Interior Stash Pockets
- Chin Guard at Front Zipper
- Brush off any loose dirt or debris. Turn garment inside out.
- Always use a front load washing machine. A top loading machine has an agitator in the center that will damage your garment.
- Make sure your machine is clear of any household detergents by running an empty cycle of hot water prior.
- Set wash cycle to cold / wool or delicate. Add the Nikwax Down Wash solution.
- NEVER air-dry Down products. Wet down bunches up and will not be able to fluff back up to its maximum loft. Promptly dry the item as wet down will create mildew in the feathers. Dryer setting must be on LOW heat ONLY (NOT high).
- Adding tennis balls to the dryer will help break up the down clumps, creating more air pockets for increased loft. You may need to repeat the drying process several times to ensure the jacket is 100% dry.
- You can also treat the garment exterior with a DWR solution for water repellency. TD offers Nikwax TX Direct for this particular application.
I bought two of the Downrange Hooded Jackets 2.1 as soon as they were released. One was for my son and one for myself. Well, my wonderful wife quickly adopted mine, so then I ordered a third one for myself. These are going to be great for working the ranch during the Idaho Winter. So light, comfy and warm. Thanks TD for making such a quality jacket for such an affordable price and for always shipping so quickly!
Warmer than I expected. Great gear
I got this jacket for a spur of the moment trip to the Rockies. We hiked in to our destination at 10kft in 12” of snow and stayed overnight. This jacket was my saving grace. It layered well with my existing setup and was light and packable when I didn’t need it. I’m usually a small, and got a medium to facilitate a few layers underneath. It’s much cheaper than the Patagonia alternative, and I love it. I’d recommend heartily to anyone wanting a down packable puffy.
Collar came up a little higher than I’d like, but great jacket overall.