With a design similar to our popular “El Original” gun belt, our Tejas Gun Belt – “El Delgado” was designed with a thinner polymer backing, resulting in an even more flexible belt that won’t give up its gun belt rigidity. As a result, the “El Delgado” retains its original shape over its lifetime without adding extra bulk.
Featuring a 100% North American bull hide outer layer and backed by a supporting, flexible layer of reinforcing polymer, the “El Delgado” offers dress belt comfort with stretch and sag-free performance, and it’s sturdy enough to carry a light pistol. It measures 1-1/2” wide and .21” thick, so it will fit most belt loops and holsters comfortably. Eight holes with precise 3/4” spacing provide a wide adjustment range. The belt includes an easily removable buckle that’s engineered with a sleek profile design that sits flat against the waist and helps reduce printing when you’re carrying.
Our Tejas Gun Belt - "El Delgado" comes in even sizes from 32"- 46" and in two colors: Black, Chocolate. See Tech Specs for belt sizing considerations.*
Made in the USA.
DO NOT order your waist size or pants size! Lay an existing belt out flat and from where the belt folds at the point where the buckle is attached, measure to the hole that you typically use. Please remember when ordering to take into account any holster or accessory that may be worn. For in-between measurements use the next size up as our belts will not stretch over time.
We size our belts from the fold at the buckle to the #5 hole (count the hole from the tip.)
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
While the inner polymer layer of our belt is largely maintenance free, the outer layer will need to be cared for like any other quality leather item.
- Do not roll up your belt unnecessarily tight when not in use
- When putting your belt on, avoid bending it back over the buckle more than 90 degrees when tightening as this may strain the leather and weaken the stitching
- While our belts will not stretch due to the reinforced polymer inner layer, avoid using leather softeners such as Neatsfoot or Mink oil
- If necessary, a quality paste-style leather preservative may be used to maintain the leather surface
- If the surface is ever scratched down to the natural beige leather the appropriate shade of shoe polish will help restore the color