In 2021, we took our already reliable and versatile Tejas Gun Belt - “El Burro” and gave it some upgrades. With all-new materials and design, the buckle comes in brushed antique silver and sits flat against the waist. This makes our newest “El Burro” more comfortable than ever and significantly reduces printing when you’re armed. It also includes easily removable tool-free fasteners if you need to remove the buckle for any adjustments.
The “El Burro” is built from a single flexible layer of waterproof, textured, reinforced polymer that provides dress belt comfort with stretch and sag-free performance whether you’re carrying or not. It’s cut in a standard 1-1/2” size that fits most belt loops and holsters, and we also refined the construction to include a tapered tip, making it easier to put on and take off.
Our "El Burro" comes in even sizes from 32-44 inches and in four colors: Black, Charcoal, Coyote, and Chocolate. See Tech Specs for belt sizing considerations.
Made in Texas.
DO NOT order your waist size or pants size! Lay an existing belt out flat and from where the belt folds at the point where the buckle is attached, measure to the hole that you typically use. Please remember when ordering to take into account any holster or accessory that may be worn. For in-between measurements use the next size up as our belts will not stretch over time.
We size our belts from the fold at the buckle to the #5 hole (count the hole from the tip.)
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
While the inner polymer layer of our belt is largely maintenance free, the outer layer will need to be cared for like any other quality leather item.
- Do not roll up your belt unnecessarily tight when not in use
- When putting your belt on, avoid bending it back over the buckle more than 90 degrees when tightening as this may strain the leather and weaken the stitching
- While our belts will not stretch due to the reinforced polymer inner layer, avoid using leather softeners such as Neatsfoot or Mink oil
- If necessary, a quality paste-style leather preservative may be used to maintain the leather surface
- If the surface is ever scratched down to the natural beige leather the appropriate shade of shoe polish will help restore the color